Monday, 20 August 2007

It begins again

Today was my third, or forth (I lose count) visit to my GP within the past month. The Sertraline (SSRI) that I had prescribed hasn't been agreeing with me. It seems to have made my anxiety and panic attacks worse than before. And that's not to mention the stomach cramps, the headaches, blurred vision and burning in my muscles.

The propranolol (a beta-blocker, prescribed to lower my heart rate) seems to be doing little to help, my pulse is still around 120bpm at rest. So after another night with less than 2 hours broken sleep, I dragged myself to the medical centre despite feeling that I was going to pass out, interspersed with the usual fears of death and danger.

The pills of the week this week are Diazepam (Valium) again, continued with the propranolol. I know Diazepam helps me in the short term, but it's not a long term solution by any means. That aside, for now I'm off to take my 2.5mg of Diazepam and try to rest before my 5mg dose tonight. I'm just too tired to continue this now.



K.

No comments: